Welcome to our world!

Our life might not be perfect but we are perfectly a family.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Open Letter to my two favorite girls...

My sweet girls,
As I sit awake, as I often do I wanted to write down my thoughts as all of what what know as a family is about to change in the very near future.

First and foremost Brynn, your entrance into this world was the most rewarding experience of my life. You made me truly realize what can happen to someone when they completely surrender themselves to the journey of parenthood. In your short 14 months of life we've both cried, laughed, learned how to live and do things together. It has truly been the pleasure of my life to be your Mom and you make me so very proud each and every day. Already you are kind, funny, sassy, strong willed, sweet and most of all completely unique. I hope you always have the courage to stay that way, never change, not for anyone, even me. I can't promise that your life will be perfect or that things will always go easy for you, even when we work hard sometimes we fail, sometimes we hurt but I do promise that our home will always be open and you will always have a soft place to land and feel loved. You have my word.

To my new baby girl, you are a blessing, a surprise but a blessing none the less. Never doubt that you were and are wanted. You will be my last baby and as such you, as well as your sister, will hold a place in my heart that is all your own. I didn't know that my heart could expand and love as much as it has. You've taught me how to let go of fears and learn how to trust that all will be well. I look forward to learning who you will be and become. I look forward to discovering your personality, hearing your laugh, seeing your smile and watching you turn into your own unique self.

To both of my girls I promise that I will not be perfect, I will make mistakes, we will disagree, there will be times when none of us like each other. I also promise that first and foremost I will be your Mom and your well being and safety will always come first, no exceptions. Secondly I will be one of the people who will always love you and will accept you for who and what you are. Thirdly my heart and my life will always be open to you both.

As this adventure for all of us begins it's exciting and scary. Know that I think of you both by day and pray for you at night. May the good Lord bless you and keep you both in the palm of his hand, and may his light always shine upon you. I love you both to the moon and back!

Love Always,

Your Mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment